My mission is to provide my clients with professionalism, integrity and service that is "second to none". Working with Institutional Assets is my expertise and not something I got involved in with the change of the tides in Real Estate or by jumping on the latest trend. I have more than 15 years experience in REO, Short Sales and Forbearances. I serve the entire Norther Nevada market. With the support of the one of the largest and most successful Brokerages in Northern Nevada, I am are prepared to assist you in all aspects of REO. I attend several REO conventions each year keeping me on the cutting edge of the REO world in order to provide you with the best service possible. Experience is not expensive… it’s priceless!
- REO Realtor with over 15 years experience specializing in REO and Distressed Properties.
- Specializing in the Northern Nevada area including Reno, Sparks, Carson City, Fernley, Dayton, Minden, and Gardnerville
- Over $80,000 to handle all aspects of REO
- All utility and vendor accounts in good standing
- Full service REO team staffed with qualified professionals who manage, billing, evictions, Relocation Assistance, cleanout, utilities as well as all other standard REO procedures.
- Member of NRBA
- Member of the National Association of Realtors and Northern Nevada Regional MLS.
- Occupancy Checks and BPOs available within 24 Hours
- Available 7 Days a week with a 24 hour emergency hotline
Supporting The Culture of Northern Nevada and The Truckee Meadows
Skip Benton has had a varied and fun life. He grew up in rural upstate New York east of Rochester. Skip started studying piano at the age of 7. When he was 9, he took up the trombone. Mr. Oosterling, Skip’s elementary school band teacher, was a graduate of the Eastman School of Music and studied with the world-famous trombone teacher, Emory Remington. In high school his band teacher converted Skip to bass trombone.
After high school, Skip attended Berklee College of Music in Boston. He graduated with a degree in music composition. Skip studied with Jazz Great Phil Wilson, a Trombonist and arranger, and Bass Trombonist, Hal Jenks, who later became the bass trombonist for the MET.
Upon graduating from college Skip moved to Portland, Oregon where he was involved in many different music groups, both jazz and classical. Skip performed a Bass Trombone solo with a local community band and started a brass quintet.
In early 1979 Skip moved to Las Vegas, Nevada. While there, Skip subbed in many different shows and played in several jazz and big bands.1989 saw Skip move to Reno, Nevada where he started an insurance agency. After 5 years he sold the agency and became a licensed Real Estate agent. During his Real Estate career, he has had over two decades successfully selling over 100 homes a year.
Currently Skip is a member of the Board of Trustees for the Reno Philharmonic. Skip also volunteers for both the Reno Philharmonic and the Reno Chamber Orchestra as well as providing financial support to both organizations. Skip Benton also helps support local area musicians with their local music projects with financial support and promoting their concerts on his YouTube Channel.
Skip’s mission is to help you with your real estate needs, questions and concerns. By fulfilling his mission, he is also able to help support the culture of Northern Nevada and the Truckee Meadows.